14th Annual Mayo Clinic Cardiology Update The Heart of the Matter 2023 – MayoClinic (Course)
The Mayo Clinic Cardiology Update course features a wide spectrum of timely updates in electrophysiology, sports medicine and fitness, valvular heart disease, coronary artery disease, outpatient cardiology, and cardiomyopathies and aortopathies. Faculty will engage learners through interactive didactic sessions and case discussions. Topics will include congestive heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, coronary artery disease, cardiac arrhythmias, congenital heart disease, anticoagulation, preventive cardiology, cardio-genomics, sports cardiology and valvular heart disease, among others.
The intended audience includes practicing cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, cardiovascular and internal medicine trainees, emergency medicine physicians, internal medicine physicians, family medicine specialists and trainees, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and any staff with a cardiovascular interest.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate a rate versus rhythm control approach for atrial fibrillation management.
- Describe the evaluation and risk stratification of a patient presenting to the emergency department with chest pain.
- Recite the current indications for transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
- Review appropriate patient selection for left atrial appendage closure.
- Explain the latest cardiovascular guidelines to improve morbidity/mortality rates.
- Summarize guidelines to increase preventive care for patients with cardiovascular diseases.
- Review current guidelines for the treatment of congestive heart failure.
- Describe the role of exercise training in the management of postural orthostatic.
Program : Click Here