Mosby’s Critical Care Nursing Reference, 4th Edition
by Susan B. Stillwell
Developed to provide nurse clinicians with a resource for the management of adult critical care patients, Mosby’s Critical Care Nursing Reference condenses the most essential information needed by nurses working in the ICU. This valuable, pocket-sized reference provides information on broad topics that apply to a variety of critically ill patients, as well as detailed information on organ diseases. Chapters are dedicated to psychosocial concerns, complementary therapies, and the unique needs of a pediatric patient in an adult ICU. Therapeutic modalities and pharmacology are both examined, with information that is useful for the student, the new nurse, and the experienced professional.
• Handy size allows portability and ease of use in working conditions.
• Contains both general information on patient care, as well as specific details outlining nursing procedures in a professional setting.
• Organization of material presented allows for quick access of desired subject matter in critical care situations.
• Allows critical care nurses to quickly assess, diagnose, and facilitate the care of patients in an ICU setting.
• Clearly organized appendices allow the user to rapidly obtain frequently needed data.
• The most up-to-date terminology, topics, modalities, and treatments are incorporated throughout.
• New chapter on palliative care in the critical care unit has been included.
• Updated information is presented regarding pain control from the World Health Organization, as well as drug incompatibilities.
• Discussions have been added on such topics as cortisol level testing, new laboratory tests such as brain naturetic peptide, and therapies used in end of life.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
- ISBN-13: 9780323032148
- Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date: 4/4/2006
- Edition description: New Edition
- Edition number: 4
- Pages: 864