Real-World Evidence in a Patient-Centric Digital Era (Chapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Series) (EPUB)
By Kelly H. Zou, Lobna A. Salem, Amrit Ray
Real-world evidence is defined as evidence generated from real-world data outside randomized controlled trials. As scientific discoveries and methodologies continue to advance, real-world data and their companion technologies offer powerful new tools for evidence generation. Real-World Evidence in a Patient-Centric Digital Era provides perspectives, examples, and insights on the innovative application of real-world evidence to meet patient needs and improve healthcare, with a focus on the pharmaceutical industry.
This book presents an overview of key analytical issues and best practices. Special attention is paid to the development, methodologies, and other salient features of the statistical and data science techniques that are customarily used to generate real-world evidence. It provides a review of key topics and emerging trends in cutting-edge data science and health innovation.
- Provides an overview of statistical and analytic methodologies in real-world evidence to generate insights on healthcare, with a special focus on the pharmaceutical industry
- Examines timely topics of high relevance to industry such as bioethical considerations, regulatory standards, and compliance requirements
- Highlights emerging and current trends, and provides guidelines for best practices
- Illustrates methods through examples and use-case studies to demonstrate impact
- Provides guidance on software choices and digital applications for successful analytics
Real-World Evidence in a Patient-Centric Digital Era will be a vital reference for medical researchers, health technology innovators, data scientists, epidemiologists, population health analysts, health economists, outcomes researchers, policymakers, and analysts in the healthcare industry.
- Publisher : Chapman and Hall/CRC; 1st edition (July 21, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 208 pages
- ISBN-10 : 036786181X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0367861810
- ISBN-13 : 9780367861810
- eText ISBN: 9781000613452